New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Warts Repost

This post is shared at Hazel's Blog Hop:  “Tell Me a Story”

My Fisctional short stories will be continued right away.  A new one begins soon.  Sign up now to follow by e-mail so as to not miss any of the chapters!

Some Think you get Warts from a Frog
courtesy photobucket.com

Warts are growths on your skin caused by an infection with human Papilloma Virus, or HPV. Types of warts include:

Common warts, which often appear on your fingers
  • Plantar warts, which show up on the soles of your feet
  • Genital warts , which are a sexually transmitted disease
  • Flat warts, which appear in places you shave frequently

In children, warts often go away by themselves.  In adults, they tend to stay.  If they hurt or bother you or if they multiply, you can remove them.  Chemical skin treatments usually work.  If not, various freezing, surgical and laser treatments can remove warts.

Perhaps you might wonder why I would address such a distasteful subject.

This affliction is something most people have had some experience with. There are many different treatments for this malady.  I have used both the chemical and the freezing methods in treating them.

My grandfather was known as the person who you went to, to get rid of your warts.  He didn’t set himself in business with an office or anything, it was something the family, and friends knew about. 
 
I remember he was a little reluctant to do it, and it would take some persuading to get him to do it.  I didn’t understand what he did even though I watched him do it.  Of course I wanted to be able to remove them warts, but he would not tell me the secret of what he did.
 
The best I could get out of him was that it was something his aunt had passed on to him.

One of my uncles pretended he could do it, but the proof wasn’t in the pudding for him.  Different ones in the family had got rid of warts by going to him; the warts usually disappeared in about two days.  
 
I always figured it was some sort of magic.  As a kid I felt left out for I thought he should have passed on the secret to me, like his aunt had to him.  I still haven’t got over it  

The secret went to his grave with him. It was almost like it was a power that he wished he didn’t have, and he didn’t want anyone else to be burdened with it. 

 
Use full screen button to read the words while viewing


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.