New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

MY FATHER’S BUSINESS


My Father's Business
 
Luke 2:48-49
When his parents saw him, they were astonished.  His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you." And he said unto them, how is it that ye sought me?  Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

While the world rails and heaps their scorn upon the Christian witness, the words of Christ echo strong, we must be about our Father’s business.
Let no word or deed deter us from fulfilling our part of His business.

Answer strongly the question; “What is your business” with these words; “My Father’s business is my business.”

Let your prayer be; “Father let me live long enough to complete the task that is mine with nothing lacking;” so I will be able to say “it is finished”

Matthew 25:40 "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine,  even the least of them, you did it to Me.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

Proverbs 19:17Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.

Matthew 10:42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward."

The opportunity to do God’s business is at hand each and every day.  Let us not grow weary in our well doing!

This post is shared at “Tell Me a True Story.”
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your inspiring post with us here at “Tell Me a Story." I always enjoy your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the line about not letting word nor deed deter us from doing our part in His business. I do not want to fail Him if he so graciously gives me a part in reaching someone for Him. It's a sobering thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this one Robert! thanks for sharing with us here!

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.