New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Be Hoppy


This post is extra and is shared at: Tell Me a Story  My continued Fictional story will follow soon.  Sign up now to follow by e-mail so as to NOT miss the next chapters.
 
Hopalong Cassidy
courtesy google search
Be Hoppy

Hopalong Cassidy is a fictional cowboy hero created in 1904 by the author Clarence E. Mulford, who wrote a series of popular short stories and twenty-eight novels based on the character.

In his early writings, Mulford portrayed the character as rude, dangerous, and rough-talking.

Beginning in 1935, the character—as played by movie actor William Boyd in films adapted from Mulford's books—was transformed into a clean-cut on-screen hero.

A total of sixty-six immensely popular films were released, only a few of which relied on Mulford's original story lines.

Mulford later revised and republished his earlier works to be more consistent with the character's new, polished on-screen persona. Hoppy was the most successful of all the endorsement stars of his era and maybe of any era.

The one saying I remember of his was if you want to be like Hoppy you must eat like Hoppy, and then showed the food product he was hyping at the time.

There is a certain truth in what he said for what you feed upon will govern the results you experience.

One could say by extension, "If you want to be like Jesus you must think like Jesus.
 
”For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak"

"It is the spirit that quickeneth (gives life)...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63.

 "Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man." Matthew 7:24.

"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

John 15:11. "If ye continue in my word...ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

If you want to be like Hoppy you must eat like Hoppy and if you want to be like Jesus you must live by the same words that controlled his life.

Agree---- Disagree??

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.