New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

FARM LIFE



As a youth I spent much of the time on a farm and I witnessed many animals give birth.  Like women not all births are easy and at times it requires some aid from the farmer.

Women have been given the task of carrying forth the existence of mankind but not without much discomfort and pain. The mother of Christ discovered that doing her work for GOD required a willingness and commitment. Mary must have endured the suspicion and the whispers of people she knew. She found out that giving birth cause her pain and was difficult.

The bringing forth the new birth process was fraught with much of the same physical and psychological stresses ending in the death of Christ. The offspring of that was the creation process whereby men can be born into the kingdom of GOD.

Mom and new Baby
courtesy photobucket.com
I was thinking about the time I watched as a calf was born. The cow did her part and the calf was soon born. It wasn't necessarily easy for the calf as getting to this state was a process he went through. Moments after a cow had given birth she turned around and first looked at her offspring, then nuzzled it as the calf's tongue flicked out and licked her nose. There was an immediate bond between the two and the mother proceeded to clean the calf up. As the calf sought nourishment the mother gave forth the necessary food to sustain and strengthen her child.


From there the two were not parted. They walked side by side and enjoyed the green pastures.

As I thought back to the time of my new birth and the process I went through before I came to the point of being born again. Being convicted by The Holy Spirit isn't the most comfortable thing I experienced.

As soon as I was born again something like the cow and calf occurred.  It was a bond of love established and again as the cow cleaned up her calf I was washed of all my sin. I experienced a hunger I had never known before and the Lord brought me to HIS banqueting table and I was fed with the sincere milk of the word. As I walk with the Lord his words echo in my heart “I will never leave you nor forsake you”

Psalms 23:1-6 A Psalm of David.
Jehovah is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul:
He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's
Sake. Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no Evil; for thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou prepares a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou has anointed my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and loving kindness shall follow me all the days of my life;
And I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah for ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCT2ekYEpj0&feature=related


Dairy Farming
This is very interesting even if you didn't grow up on a farm! Even if you did grow up on a farm,  I'm sure it wasn't like this one!!



This post is shared at:  “Tell Me a True Story” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.