New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

The Normal Christian


The Normal Christian
 
While many desire to be flaming heralds for Jesus; I have wanted to be just a normal Christian.

The problem with that idea was I had to find out what was being normal in the world of Christianity was.

In the process of discovery I found that it was the duty of the believers to search out what their calling was.  Once they knew for sure found their place in the body of Christ then the next step was to equip themselves to fulfill their position.

This entails educating themselves to do what was required of them; Whether it was teaching, or counseling, or only sitting in the pew.

There is much to be learned about pew sitting. Briefly it requires an attentive mind, a prayerful spirit, and a receptive heart. The minister needs the support that the pew sitter can give him while it is his duty to be in tune with the needs of his congregation and GODS solution for their problems.

As the minister looks at the congregation it is needful for the member to be in a receiving mode and not have a rejecting spirit. There is much more for the successful pew sitter to learn to be the normal Christian.

Whenever you find your place in the body of Christ fulfill that place with all your heart and might. Then be willing to be moved up and be more productive for Christ. It is normal for the maturing process to increase you value to the cause of Christ. Then most importantly allow the Spirit of GOD to increase your spirituality.

From the beginning of your Christian experience the Holy Spirit is calling you to a higher plane. The words of a song goes something like this; 

I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I’m onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

Refrain:

Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s tableland,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

5 comments:

  1. Always a good God Word, Thanks Robert for sharing at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting and following the Lord is all that counts, daytime and forever-time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, and BTW, I listened to the music and it is a special, loving one of mine and I SANG along with it. Thank you for sharing it. Sorry that I got sidetracked when going through your place a little time ago, and I just popped in to see what it was and I rejoiced. Anyhow, now I'll shut up and go to read the other people's stuff. Bless you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great read. I aspire to be a good Christian but the question is always, how? And what makes a normal Christian. Thanks for tackling this subject.

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.