New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

FOOLISHNE$$





image courtesy photobucket
If foolishness was a virtue there are times in my life when I would have excelled.

Like buyers remorse I have had the feeling that I was deficient in intelligence after I had committed a dumb act that was obviously stupid.

I would like to think my defensive strategy would now keep me from being caught up in some outrageous scheme in a moment of weakness. One can act foolishly without being a complete fool but there are those who revel in being a fool.

Psalm 51:3 expresses it like this; The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Job 15:12-13 Why does your heart carry you away? And what do your eyes wink at, that you turn your spirit against God, and let such words go out of your mouth?

Job 15:14-16 What is man, that he may be clean? And how may the son of woman be upright? Truly, he puts no faith in his holy ones, and the heavens are not clean in his eyes; How much less one who is disgusting and unclean, a man who takes in evil like water!

For some they have misconstrued reality for foolishness and have condemned themselves to a Christ-less eternity.

1 Corinthians 1:23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles

1 Corinthians 1:18  For the word of the cross seems foolish to those who are on the way to destruction; but to us who are on the way to salvation it is the power of God.

Today there are self proclaimed atheists who blatantly try to defy GOD and if GOD paid much attention to them HE would smite the like an ant. GOD'S word to us who are saved is straight forward;

Ephesians 5:15-16 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

How about a little "send the light" music;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGWpoPdh8e0&feature=related

This post has been linked to Michelle’s Thought Provoking Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.