New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

TIMES' AWASTEING



image courtesy photobucket.com



 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand; My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.” Psalms 39:4

Would you want to know what the future holds for you? Even if it was full of good times there would be things you would want to change and wouldn't be able to do it.

The same could be said about the bad things and dread would take up residence with you. Suppose you knew everything you were going to do tomorrow and had to live it out step by step and couldn't deviate from it in any way, would you be happier?

Our future can only be planned and prepared for; the result of this has a chance of making it what you want it to be.

The only thing we know about the future for sure is what has been prophesied by the prophets of GOD. We know in advance and can prepare for it. Something’s are good and some are bad but being informed as to what they are gives us an edge.

This is a highly motivating reason for studying the scripture for ourselves and then comparing our thoughts with other sincere Christians. It would be foolish for me to list a lot of essential and important verses when they are written in the Bible for all to read but there is one that is something all should consider for it has to do for all eternity.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Planning and preparing for the future starts with this verse. We are living in the end of the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSSv87qeT6Y&feature=related


This post has been linked to Michelle’s Thought Provoking Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.