New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

MY SIDE OF THE STORY



Joseph and the Dream
courtesy free clip art
 
Here I was a man who was certainly older than this young girl but still I thought we could bridge the gap between our ages.

Being older I was able to act on my own behalf, and I made a marriage agreement with the maiden and her family. We went through the cultural process and were the same as being married. The only thing lacking was she hadn't moved her stuff in and we had not had sex.

The next thing I knew some friends said to me, "That gal is pregnant." I told them they were out of their mind but they insisted she was. I asked them how they knew and they answered its all over the market place, the women know everything - - except who the father is.

Then they asked me if I was the one who impregnated her and I said, “As a matter of fact NO I am not.”  At that point I began to get all kinds of advice.

One friend said you should take her out and beat the tar out of her, and then divorce her.  Another advised me to just act like it didn't happen and then quietly break it off. This went on and on till I was so embarrassed that I didn't want to face any of my friends.

Then the word went around that she said the Holy Ghost did it to me. This just compounded the issue and I was held up to ridicule to the point I wouldn't leave my house.

Finally I had enough of the torment and was going to quietly get rid of her. Then the same Holy Ghost came to me and said, "She is a special vessel unto me, and ignore what these fools are saying cause they don't know what I am doing." 

"Now this is the hard part you are going to have to live with this the rest of your days. They will talk about you behind your back and think you to be an ignorant man without principles, but you will know and more importantly - - GOD will know of your faithfulness to HIM."

The moral of this story is; when the Holy Ghost speaks it is best to listen to Him.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.