New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Dun and Bradstreet


Dun and Bradstreet Logo
courtesy photobucket.com
Many years ago I wanted to make some purchases for my business from a company I did not have a line of credit with.

I spent some time in making my selections, measuring costs against needs.

Finally I had a list which ran several thousands of dollars. I approached the credit manager and ask for an application for credit. I had filled out these forms many times before, and I had all the information needed to complete the form.

He just looked at me and then picked up a large book and said; if you are in here you can have all the credit you need. If not you might as well leave because we will not do business with you. I never saw a book like that before, and although I had heard of Dun and Bradstreet I couldn't relate to them at all.

The credit guy started thumbing through the book, and I was getting ready to leave because I thought there is no way he would find me in there.  I was shocked when he said; “Here you are, you are all set up to make your purchases.” 
 
Some time in the next year they came out to my place of business and asked a few questions in order to update their files and that was all there was to it. This was some sixty years ago so I don't know how they operate now.

I don't know why I thought of that experience. I can't remember the last time it came across my mind but I wondered if there are people who are unaware their name is written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelations 13:8 And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, every one whose name hath not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that hath been slain.
 
This speaks of those who will not accept GOD'S forgiveness but also implies there are those whose name is written in the Lambs book of life whether they know it or not.

In my instance my name was in the B and D book but it still required me to as it were activate it otherwise I would never received any benefit from it.

Courtesy photobucket
Perhaps there are those who haven't discovered that their name is written in the book of life, and they need to go to the source and find out. Can you picture a person coming before GOD and asking HIM; is my name in the book? And his answer would be it is if you desire it to be!  

I like the way Luke puts it; Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

So I pose the question, “Is your name written in the Book of Life before the foundation of the earth?”  Why not find out by doing what the scripture emphatically states. Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved, and it implies if you don't you aren't.

This almost seems paradoxical in the sense that if you do, you were, and if you don't you wasn't.

People who are looking for a bargain should take advantage of this for it is the best deal you will ever find.

This post is shared at:  “Tell Me a True Story” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/
 
Billy Hill will conclude tomorrow! 
Sign up now to receive the next continued fictional story by e-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.