New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WHY THINGS GO WRONG


Beauty courtesy photobucket.com
 
Beauty is only skin deep, and so is lust.

I must admit that when I read these words I stopped and thought about it for awhile.

Like many old sayings this one is suspect for beauty is a composite of several factors. Of course the outward countenance is what strikes one first and if it is most striking it overrides faults that are evident later on.

As time passes inward beauty far exceeds the outward that fades over time.

To say Lust is only skin deep shows a lack of understanding of the term. Lust if nurtured will go to the very heart of a soul and dictate the mind set and actions.

Wikipedia; Lust is an emotion or feeling of intense desire in the body. The lust can take any form such as the lust for knowledge, the lust for sex or the lust for power. It can take such mundane forms as the lust for food as distinct from the need for food. Lust is a powerful psychic force producing intense wanting for an object, or circumstance fulfilling the emotion.

If we accept Wikipedia's definition of lust then we see it is multifaceted and isn't totally wrong. It can maximize your abilities or drive you to distraction and destruction.

In the spiritual world lust is a driving force that sets up warfare within the soul of man.

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

When you realize this is happening it is especially important to side with the Spirit and tilt the balances for righteousness.

James touched upon this; James 4:1 From whence come wars and fighting's among you? Come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

Sometime we question, "What's wrong with me?"

The answer is there is a war going on within you.   Paul the apostle understood the struggle we have within to one degree or another and told Timothy; Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.

image courtesy photobucket
Have you heard the word "Overcomer?" This is what we strive to be and what we are to overcome is "The world, The flesh and The devil" these are our only enemies.

Of necessity we pursue and then avoid the fact of life as defined by our conduct but our greatest paradox is to accept the reality of who we are in Christ. 

(Words to the song)
       Nobody knows the trouble I've seen Nobody knows but Jesus Nobody knows the trouble I've seen Glory, Hallelujah
Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down, ohh, yes Lord Sometimes I'm almost To the ground, oh yes, Lord Nobody knows the trouble I've seen Nobody knows but Jesus.   Nobody knows the trouble I've seen Glory, Hallelujah
If you got there before I do, oh yes Lord Tell all my friends, I'm Coming too, oh yes Lord
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen Nobody knows but Jesus Nobody knows the trouble I've seen Glory, Hallelujah
Although you see me Goin' on so, oh yes I have my trials, here below Ohh yes, Lord
Oh, nobody knows the trouble I've seen Nobody knows but Jesus Nobody knows the trouble I've seen Glory, Hallelujah Ohh, glory, Hallelujah

This post is Linked with Jen’s Soli Deo Gloria
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.