New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

NEED A PICK-ME-UP?

image courtesy photobucket.com

Misery comes in many forms and there is more than enough to go around.

Seems some people get more than their share for some reason.

I hope you are not one of those, but if you are, then you need a little help from a higher source. The scripture says ask and you shall receive. Sometimes we have to ask more than once but whatever the case the most important thing is to "ask."

If you can't seem to come up with the right words try the words in an old song by Herbert Buffum;

Lift me up above the shadows, Plant my feet on higher ground,
Lift me up above the clouds, Lord, Where the pure sunshine is found;
Lift me up above my weakness, Lift me up into Thy strength,
Lift me up above the shadows, Till I stand with Thee at length.

Refrain:

Lift me up above the shadows, Lift me up and let me stand
On the mountaintops of glory, Let me dwell in Beulah land.
Lift me up above the shadows, For the storms are raging high,
Lift me up, my blessed Savior, Let me to Thy bosom fly;
There no evil thing can touch me, Over on the shining side.
 
 
Lift me up above the shadows, Let me evermore abide.
Lift me up above the shadows, Out of sorrow into joy,
Lift me up above my grief, Lord, Give me gold for my alloy;
Then when death must claim my spirit, And the storms of life are past,
Lift me up above the shadows, Till in heav’n  I stand at last.

Lift us up above the shadows, When to earth You come again,
Let us be in the assembly, As Thy Bride to ever reign;
In Thy kingdom full of glory, With our friends we’ll ever be,
Lift us up above the shadows - -There to dwell eternally.

This post is Linked up today with Michelle’s Hear it on Sunday Use it on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.