New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES



image courtesy photobucket.com

After having some work done on my car it didn't seem to be tracking right so I took it to a dealer and asked him to rotate the tires, rebalance the wheels and realign the front end.  I knew it would take about two hours so I settled in to wait.  After a long wait, I became restless and walked around and was thinking about asking what progress was being made.

Then the front door opened and in came a young man and a child about two years old.  The guy was scruffily dressed with something on that looked like sleep wear. I figured he wanted some work done on his car so I stepped back away from the counter.  I was surprised at what he wanted! He asked the counter person if he could go to the waiting room and get a bag of popcorn.

What went through my mind was "Wow - - does this guy have a nerve?"  Here he is just walking down the street and now he wants to take some popcorn that was for customers not free loaders.

Perhaps I was wrong thinking that but that's what I thought.  I could never see myself doing something like that. The child was trying to get his attention but the guy was concentrating on getting the popcorn.

Well as you could imagine all the sudden a stream came poring down the child's leg and a puddle began to form. The next question the young man asked was if the woman at the counter had some napkins or paper towels. She told him to go to the rest room and help himself.

He came out and threw down some paper towels and scrubbed it around with his foot. Well this didn't do the job so he returned to the rest room and got another handful and repeated what he had just done and that dried it up somewhat.

He then turned and went and got a bag of popcorn and as he left he was telling the child not to do that anymore.

Then I thought; what gaul he had coming and making a mess like that and then getting the popcorn that was for customers only, then lo there came a scripture to mind;

Matthew 7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

While it took some gumption to do what he did it was pretty much what the scripture said.

He was seeking, he came through the door (knocking) and asked the girl who said go ahead and help yourself (he received).

And then another scripture popped up which was; found in Luke 18:10-14

A case where one man felt he had more right to God's grace than the other did.

When one is the recipient of GOD'S grace it is possible to get a little PHARISAICAL and judgmental.

Well it's back to the drawing board for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDZYJooLofc&feature=related

This post has been linked with Joan Davis at: Sharing His Beauty
Also shared at:  “Tell Me a True Story” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.