New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

HEATHEN-LY DAYS


We are all Heathen - - if we are without Jesus
image courtesy photobucket.

Heathen: One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened.

I was about eleven years old, in the fifth grade and at the end of the period one day out of the blue the teacher stopped me and asked what faith I was.

I felt the redness starting to creep up into my face for I had never been inside a church. From somewhere the word Baptist popped up in my mind and I blurted out, “We is Baptist.”  She looked me straight in the eyes and said make sure you go to your church. This was the first time I had ever connected with the word church since I had been raised as a heathen or at least the only thing that my family used the word GOD for was to cuss.

Since I went to the movies a lot and there were some movies about the Catholic church - - however I noted that the kids in the movies were not any better as far as conduct than I was without the church.

My grandfather started to go to the Church Of Christ and I was about fifteen at the time.  I would go with him on occasions for I knew most of the people who went there. The church had two doors kinda like a restroom and the women and small kids went in at the left door and the men on the right. There was a rail that ran down the middle dividing the men from the women.

Once a month a preacher would come and preach otherwise the deacons would get up and read from the bible.

I didn't go there enough to change my heathen-ness and I continued to live without GOD until I was eighteen.

We live in a Nation of heathen people who are in the same condition as I was.

They have never entered a church and use the name of GOD and Jesus Christ as swear words instead of calling upon the name of the Lord for salvation.

Jesus said if I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me!

If we don't lift him up then none will be drawn to him.  I like this song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH7rPj8JW88


This post has been linked with Joan Davis at: Sharing His Beauty

This post is also shared at: “Tell Me a True Story” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/
I do hope you are also enjoying reading as many stories as you can and giving your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.