New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

LOVE SONG


image courtesy photobucket.com
Love is a subject that can't be exhausted for it has so many faces and changes in time.

"Psychology portrays love as a cognitive phenomenon with a social cause. It is said to have three components in the book of psychology: Intimacy, Commitment, and Passion. Also, in an ancient proverb love is defined as a high form of tolerance." (Love Sessions)

Teenage love is a thing to behold because in most cases it is short lived and fleeting due to the sensitivity of the participants.  It has been thus expressed;

"I ran up the door, closed the stairs, said my pajamas, and put on my prayers, turned off the bed, and hopped into the light, all because you kissed me goodnight."  

"Having the love of your life break up with you, and then say .. We can still be friends.. Is like your dog dieing, and your mom says; Keep it!!" (Anon)

One sided love only occupies time without fulfillment, and in the process of trying to make it two sided one is liable to do things they can never live down. They may invest things that should only be given within the lifetime love relationship.

The greatest expression of love is found in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life."

This is only one sided love wherein GOD has made the first move and waits an answer from each and everyone of us. Having accepted his love and loving HIM in return is the beginning of not just a lifetime relationship but one which lasts an eternity.

This begs the question that if I love GOD is my love for HIM perfect both as to motive and expression. Is there passion and emotion for there cannot be true love without it, furthermore GOD demands it.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 "Listen, people of Israel! The LORD is our God. The LORD is the only God. You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

I would add in our songs;  In Moments Like these I sing Out a Song to Jesus


In moments like these I sing out a song
I sing out a love song to Jesus
In moments like these I lift up my hands
I lift up my hands to the Lord
Singing, I love You, Lord
Singing, I love You, Lord
Singing, I love You, Lord - - I love You

This post has been linked to Michelle’s Thought Provoking Thursday


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.