New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

THINGS I SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE



image courtesy photobucket.com

It isn't the wrong things I have done as a Christian for some things just happen.

The things that bother me is the times I used my energies to plan and execute things that were wrong.

I must give a tip of the hat to everyone who has never been guilty of doing this and say congrats for their uprightness.

This wrong stuff comes in so many forms from verbally causing pain to the extreme, whereby you physically harm someone.

image courtesy photobucket.com
 I have said things I shouldn't have said sixty years ago that I still remember and I wish I could take back but to no avail. Being or saying I'm sorry isn't a remedy for harm done by speaking harshly but it's all we have.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all of us appear before Christ's judgment seat in our true characters, in order that each may then receive an award for his actions in this life, in accordance with what he has done, whether it be good or whether it be worthless.

Ephesians 6:8 because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.

Colossians 4:5-6 Be wise in the way you act with those who are not believers. Use your time in the best way you can. When you talk, you should always be kind and wise. Then you will be able to answer everyone in the way you should.

Job 27:4 My lips will not speak wickedness, and my tongue will utter no deceit.

Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.

These and hundreds more scriptures admonish us to walk uprightly before all men, for Christians this is an imperative but is easily forgotten in the heat of battle.

The crux of this is set forth in clear terms in; Luke 12:48 But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.

Let’s face it we are debtors to righteous living for we have been given it all.

These thoughts are for the purpose of "Personal character adjustment” which I need from time to time!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGJs42DojXU&feature=related


This post has been Shared at Michelle’s Graceful on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.