New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Life I Live

Remains IN ME and I IN HIM
courtesy photobucket.com

Paul makes this mighty statement expressing a doctrinal truth which is at the very core of Christianity.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The vicarious act of dying in my place; so the Christian can rightly say; when Christ died, I died.  When he was buried, I was buried. When he was raised I was raised and when he was seated in heaven I was seated in heaven.  For I was in him when he died to pay for my sin. 

Jesus told his disciples in Luke 10:20 Yes, even the spirits obey you. And you can be happy, not because you have this power, but because your names are written in heaven."

After viewing these scriptures and many more I begin to get a picture of who I am in him. This is my reality and everything else is a false illusion.  The question I keep asking why is it so hard to accept myself as GOD has now made me and act (think) accordingly?

I always come back to my adversaries "The world, The flesh and the Devil" but yet there seems to be something else! One thing I know is, the Devil doesn't cut anybody any slack he uses everything at his disposal to bring them down.

One of his chief weapons is the one he used in the garden which was, "Hath GOD said?" Those three words have the effect of causing one to question the truth of GOD'S word. When ever you begin to build your faith those words still echo in the memory of man.

The world and all of it's distractions, is almost like being submerged in an ocean where we struggle upward and gasp for air. It is twenty four/ seven, from birth till death that we are put upon.

The all familiar flesh, the desires of the soul which tries to overpower our spirit and keep us tied to the earth when our spirit needs to be free in all spiritual pursuits.

We are handicapped because of our weaknesses and GOD is limited because of it. When HE would like to do more, the miraculous but HE realizes our limited ability.

Psalms 78:39 He remembered that they were only people, like a wind that blows and then is gone. 

Psalms 103:13-14 As a father has pity on his children, so the Lord has pity on his worshippers.

For he has knowledge of our feeble frame; he sees that we are only dust.

It takes boldness to accept the person GOD has made us to be, it is only then we are able to stand up and be our true selves. It is only then we become strong in the LORD and have the strength to do HIS will for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.