New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

CAUSE AND EFFECT OF - - -

Falling Out of Bed is Rather Unpleasant
image courtesy photobucket.com

When I was growing up I was constantly having new experiences but now that I am older they are fewer.

One of my early excitements was falling out of bed.

While it was a very short trip, it seemed much longer due to the process of being asleep and waking up when I hit the floor. This happened to me several times and my dad finally told not to sleep too close to where I got into bed.

When I got married we had a double bed and I slept toward the middle but over the years we bought the king size and I have gravitated toward sleeping on the very edge again. When I realize what I'm doing I remind myself that I could fall on the floor again and might hurt myself for I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

In the age we live in the term "Pushing the envelope" is an expression we use to define living on the edge or testing the limits of an action. Some Christians are prone to living on the edge when it comes to sinning. They want to live as close to sin as possible without actually doing it.

Harmless office flirtations are an example of what some have participated in have found that at some point their no has become yes. The whole list of possible ways to sin are characterized by such action and allows yourself to become vulnerable.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

This is a powerful scripture, but at the same time Sin is also alive and well and powerful and searches our innermost thoughts seeking our weaknesses and we are tested daily. This power of Sin will expose things we are not even aware of and will manifest them in manifold ways if we allow it.

Is there a moral to this story? I suppose that if there is, it would be - - Don't sleep too close to the edge of the bed; and you won't fall out even during your shaky times.

No man can escape from himself and he must deal with the temptation to sin most harshly!

Sin will take you farther from where you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVwHONoLjE

This post has been linked to Fresh Brewed Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.