New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MY RABBITS FOOT


 
Wikipedia says:
First, not any foot from a rabbit will do: it must be the left hind foot of a rabbit that is to be useful as a charm.

Second, not any left hind foot of a rabbit will do; the rabbit must have been shot or otherwise captured in a cemetery.

Third, at least according to some sources, not any left hind foot of a rabbit shot in a cemetery will do: the phase of the moon is also important. Some authorities say that the rabbit must be taken in the full moon, while others hold instead that the rabbit must be taken in the new moon. Some sources say instead that the rabbit must be taken on a Friday, or a rainy Friday, or Friday the 13th. Some sources say that the rabbit should be shot with a silver bullet, while others say that the foot must be cut off while the rabbit is still alive.

After all these years I found out why my rabbits foot didn't work!  I bought that thing, in fact I paid good money for several in the early forties and they must have been the wrong foot.  I had them on a key chain and strapped to a belt loop so they could bring me good luck.  I finally gave up on the charm business and began to face reality as it was.

Manasseh ruled for fifty five years and was anti GOD all the way.

2 Kings 21:6 And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

People always try to get an edge and Christians are not immune from this malady. If someone says they have a charm that works people will flock to them.

GOD knew that the Israelites would be subject to the irrational supernatural so HE warned against that.

Deuteronomy 18:10-11 Don't sacrifice your children in the fires on your altars; and don't let your people practice divination or look for omens or use spells or charms, and don't let them consult the spirits of the dead.

On the Internet there are hundreds of sites that sell Christian charms for every purpose and Christians go for them.  People wear saints medals and crosses as charms for protection and enrichment.

Do Christians read their horoscope each day in the paper?? You bet they do!  

You might say "What is wrong with doing these things?" First of it is a heathen practice and is an offence to ALMIGHTY GOD, and if that isn't reason enough it is just plain foolishness and can lead you downward to do unimaginable things.

When I was a brainless kid, I carried around a rabbit foot charm but as I matured I got rid of it.   

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child; now that I am an adult, I have no more use for childish ways. Those who have put off the old man have put it off with its deeds; and those who have put on the new man must put on all its deeds.


This post is linked with Jennifer at:  God-Bumps and God-Incidences


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.