New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

THE RACE


image courtesy photobucket.com
One of my favorite pass times is watching auto racing, preferably NASCAR.

It can be time consuming if you watch all the commentary (which is your guess is good as mine when it comes to the race) so I avoid much of that, but the practice, qualifying, and the actual race is pleasing to watch.

The human race has grown from 2 people to over 7 billion at the present time, and each is running their own personal race.

As I sit here I am reminded of what Paul the Apostle said;

2Timothy 4:7 I have fought well. I have finished the race, and I have been faithful.

Those are words piercing, even challenging to every Christian as they think of how they are running their race. Paul had learned the keys to successful running and shared his secrets in his writings.

 He lived his life facing death on every hand stating "I die daily."

 He died to all that would deter him from the prize, his high calling.

image courtesy photobucket
 Philippians 3:14 I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus and in the end he could say;
2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought well. I have finished the race, and I have been faithful.

I certainly have not been endowed with the responsibilities that Paul endured but yet that doesn't demean my calling is any less.

As I muse, I question to myself, “How do I feel about my calling unto Christ? Do I see it as a high calling that demands my best? 

Or do I feel living slip shod is good enough for Jesus?

(Ephesians 4:1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God)

While I have the best of intentions, I sometime get out of my comfort zone and feel ill at ease and find myself reflecting on;
Galatians 5:7 You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?

This is about all of this reflection on this subject I can handle for now. I'll pick it up later.

Meanwhile check out this song;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPXqCQHl8mo

This post has been linked with Saints and Scripture Sunday


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.