New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Moving On Chapter 8 - Home again


 
Chapter 8 - Home again

Papa met me when I arrived and we went to the bank. After the obligatory greeting we adjourned to my office and we spent the next four hours going over the events I dealt with and made plans to keep the bank safe from the family's claims and to protect our assets.

I finally made it home and it took several hours for me to properly greet Mercy. Being gone for to weeks required me to show her how much I missed her… and oh yes the kids also.

It was times like this I remembered how I first saw her on board ship, while on our way to America. How innocent she was and how Mama took to her and protected her.

Now she is a fully matured woman with a mind of her own. I often think about how lucky I am to have her completely.

Too many married men I know only have part of the women they married.  They are holding back part of themselves perhaps for someone else, I don't know. In my case she gave her whole self to me, holding back nothing, she's all mine.
 The End

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Robert for sharing your fiction story with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you! Thank you re: your writing consistently!

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.