New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

HOWDY MY NAME IS ABRAHAM 3

Picking up where I left off, both me and Sarah had our name changed by GOD.
I thought that was just fine. GOD had begun to speak to me more often. HE said that Ishmael would be great but he was not to be the one with whom the covenant would be established with.

This left me confused although I didn’t tell GOD that. HE kept saying all this land would belong to me and my seed and the only seed I had was Ishmael.

Then one day GOD said; Genesis 15:5 Then the LORD took Abram outside and said to him, "Look up into the sky and count the stars if you can. That's how many descendants you will have!" and Abram believed the LORD, and the LORD counted him as righteous because of his faith.

At that moment everything changed from then on I knew that HE would keep HIS word to me.

Now if I told you my faith never wavered in the years that followed, that wouldn’t be exactly true because of the years that I waited for my heir until I was almost one hundred years old, and then GOD confirmed HIS promise to me and Sarah bore me a son.

All these years we had gone through the motions but no heir was conceived, but I hung on to GODS promise to me. I continued to hope - - when there was no hope and that kept my faith alive.

I wish I could say I wasn’t tested anymore but that wouldn’t be true. I don’t want to go into the details but it was concerning Isaac, and was the most difficult test of all. Just when I thought I had proved myself to be faithful then I faced a larger issue. But from beginning to end, GOD was faithful and brought me through.

Sarah spoiled Isaac, but who can blame her. She went through the period of time when she was thought to be barren for life, and was looked upon as being inferior. She couldn’t produce what Abraham wanted most and that was a son to continue his heritage. Things completely changed when Isaac was born and her ingloriousness and shame were no more.

Time had passed, my Sarah had died, I arranged for a wife for Isaac and oh by the way I revived and took another wife by whom I had several more children. Though I have joined my fathers in death I have many sons. Sons who by faith can say I am a son of Abraham.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.