New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

LOVE god ??


"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." Matthew 22:37-38

I hate it when questions pop into mind that I feel inadequate to answer.

As the title implies if I view GOD as a little, just ordinary god then I am too independent to be bothered with him. We seem to be equals without any simpatico or attraction.

But if I see HIM as the creator of all, whose essence is Eternal, Omnipotent and all the other omni powers, then I have things in a different perspective and a basis for unabashedly honoring HIM.

I have the option of not loving GOD, but along with that there a commandment that takes precedent over “my rights,” for with GOD, he doesn’t see my option to not love HIM as acceptable.

What kind of love is this that he is talking about? What we hear the most about love, is eroticism that is temporal and like a vapor it soon disappears only to reemerge later.

Then there is passionate love where it could be called possessive love, a belonging to one another, making demands on one another.

While there are other definitions of love the one that comes closest to the love of GOD is the parent, child relationship.

GOD loves with an unconditional love but HIS other attributes demand certain responses from the object of HIS love.

In other words, just because GOD loves you doesn’t mean you can get away with disobedience and failing to respond in like manner. If we follow the teaching of some teachers who say that GOD is emotionless then it will be difficult to grasp why HE requires us to love HIM.

HE is not only “GOD is love” He is involved in responsive love where there is an exchange of emotion. If HE hates sin, why can HE not feel our love response?

The one important thing Jesus did while on earth was to reveal GOD as the father; this changed our concept of GOD from some abstract being to a being who we can relate to.

Jesus went further and showed us how we are included in the family of the FATHER. John 14:20-21, 23-24"In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." 

 He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me; and he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him, and will disclose Myself to him.

"Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him.

"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me."

Love GOD? Are you obedient to HIS word? This is the way you show it. Praise is gratitude, obedience is love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFVohSlUkKA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.