New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

HOWDY MY NAME IS CAIN

I was the first Cain that was ever raised.

I became a farmer because there weren't many jobs around. I had a brother named Abel; he raised some goats and sheep. Ma didn't wean him until he were half grown, but I was weaned right off as soon as I got some teeth.

For some reason he was the favorite and that didn't set too good with me cause I was the oldest.

Ma and Pa used to tell me how good it was before they were evicted from the garden, but the more I thought about it, the worse I felt. No matter how much I cut them thorns down they kept coming back and the sweat kept running down into my eyes while Abel sat under the trees where it was cool and just watched the flocks.

We had an altar where we talked to GOD. I remember once when we made an offering to Him. Abel killed one of his sheep and gave it up on the altar, this pleased GOD to no end. I picked out the best of my crop and presented it upon the altar but GOD was offended by my offering. When He saw I was not happy He told me to straighten up and every thing would be alright.

Abel acted like he was the cock-of-the-walk after that, and one day I up and whacked him.

I actually hit him too hard and he perished.  I thought he will probably be missed so I covered him with dirt and acted like I didn't know where he was.

About this time GOD asked me, “Where is Abel?” I said, “It beats me, I haven't got a clue.”

Then HE said something I never forgot “The voice of your brother's blood is crying to Me from the ground.” "Now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. When you cultivate the ground, it will no longer yield its strength to you; you will be a vagrant and a wanderer on the earth.”

Then I said to the LORD, "My punishment is too great to bear!

Then God put a brand on me so that nobody would kill me.

After I had sinned I didn't go to the altar anymore for it reminded me of what I had done.

I cut out because I didn't want GOD to curse me anymore, for each time HE saw me HE said something ugly to me.

I went to Nod, where I found a wife and started to have some kids. Them were the meanest kids on the block and I couldn’t do a thing with them. I thought back to the time when I was at home with Ma and Pa and Abel and when things were good, but now this world is gone downhill and it looks like the only to make it better is to start over.

The moral of this story is; “You may be sure that your sin will find you out!”



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.