New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CONTRASTS TO CONSIDER

We speak of the voice of the spirit, voice of the soul and the voice of the body. I suspect the voice of the body is the loudest. I'm hungry, I'm hurt, I'm tired easily gets attention.

1Thesselonians 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The term “through and through,” means completely, the whole man. You can't settle for the spirit to be reborn and the soul and body be in opposition. They must be purified from the corrupting influences of the world.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Paul recognized that if he was going to do GOD’S will he would have to control both his body and soul in order for his spirit to be led by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 9:27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Romans 12:1-2 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.

These scriptures define just what man is; a three part being.

At death the body is separated from the spirit and soul, but they remain so close they have been declared to be one by some denominations.
Yet the Word of God recognizes the difference between them and defines them as two entities. A further distinguishing factor is the spirit can be saved at once but the soul’s salvation is a process.

James 1:21 So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.

This I suppose explains why we do some of the things that are displeasing to GOD; our souls still need some work.

This brings me to the subject matter which is two contrasts within the soul or the mind and emotions. How we feel about our relationship with God and how we think about it are controlling factors in the way we live and conduct ourselves.

The word of GOD don’t mean squat if it isn't accepted as a rule of life.

When you got saved you became a unity, you and the Spirit of GOD both dwell in your body, and as such you need to see yourself as "we and us" rather than "I and me" which excludes the Holy Spirit.

In doing so you change your entire Christian viewpoint much like marriage does. If a man or wife doesn’t consider the other in everything that pertains to the marriage then it is an “I and me” situation which is selfish and has consequences.

But if they always consider the other before acting then it is a “we and us” way of life where harmony prevails.

Through his death Christ has shared his life with us and our declaring ourselves (by our conduct) to be dead unto sin but alive unto GOD shares our life with HIM.
(This is from a time of musing (talking to myself) that I have written down R.M.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zut3rCzk6bw&feature=related



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.