New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

HOWDY MY NAME IS ADAM

Back in the days when one name was enough I was just called Adam.

I lived in a nice neighborhood where we got along just fine. There was no crime or anything like that. My wife was named Eve but I called her Eveie.

One day Eveie was out walking when this fine looking snake called her over, and said try some of this fruit whereupon she said we ain’t suppose to eat that one. The snake said, “Take another look, this is good stuff, and it is good for the mind.” Well she called me over and we both tried, it and he was right it was pretty good.

Well the landlord had told us not to eat that particular fruit, and the next thing I knew he evicted us, and locked the door so we couldn’t get back in. Well Eveie said; boy he sure got an attitude in a hurry.

Here we were out in the desert where there was nothing but weeds and we had to struggle just to get something to eat, and to top it off Eveie got pregnant and started to have some kids to feed.

I lost count how many kids we had, but we had so many grandkids they had to leave and they opened a new area, and called it Nod. Nod was to the east of Eden.

I lived 930 years and by this time I had so many kids and grand kids I didn’t know them all. You talk about a fruitful vine. Trying to feed all these children just wore me out and I returned to the dust from which I came.

Gen.1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. 28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”   29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.”  And it was so.

The moral of the story is; the price of disobedience to GOD’S word is more that one can pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.