New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

HOWDY MY NAME IS NOAH

My pappy had the idea if he called me by the name Noah then the world would get better but it didn’t work out that way, in fact things only just got worse!

Genesis 5:28-29 And Lamech was a hundred and eighty-two years old when he had a son: And he gave him the name of Noah, saying, Truly, he will give us rest from our trouble and the hard work of our hands, because of the earth which was cursed by God.

As time went by, the folks (Cain’s kids) completely forgot about GOD but the devil was alive and active on the East side of Eden. Meanwhile in the West the sons of GOD (Seth’s kids) were beginning to neglect the altar and the worship time. The result of this was the East and the West finally met and there was intermarriage between the sons of GOD and the daughters of the devil.

While they had religion it was destitute of any adequate sense of sin, or need of atonement this resulted in the whole race being defiled.

Meanwhile I stayed my course and walked uprightly before the LORD.

Genesis 6:5-8 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 The LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

The one thing I discovered was, though all around me, evil prevailed I could still walk uprightly before the LORD. His ways, could be my ways. His thoughts could be my thoughts and I could be in the world but not of the world.

Now I knew this couldn’t go on much longer for GOD was fed up with the way people were conducting themselves, but I lived on a “Need to know” basis until one day when GOD spoke to me and said;

Genesis 6:13-14 "The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth. 14 "Make for yourself an ark of gopher wood………

HE continued giving me instructions until I knew the whole of what I must do in obedience to his words. It took me many years to complete my task and every day was a test of my faith in what GOD had said.

I felt bad for the people who were shut out; the only consolation for them was “They did it their way.” The flood came and went, dry land appeared and it was a new world, washed and dried. I wondered if man had learned his lesson or would they revert to doing the same thing again.

The moral is: If everybody is doing it, it is probably wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.