New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

THE LAST NAIL

A gypsy smithy was approached by a Roman legionnaire, and commissioned to forge twelve large nails. He was use to jobs of this kind, and having no reason to question his patrons, the smith did as he was bid, only to learn that the nails were to be used to fix Christ and the robbers to their crosses.

Stricken with remorse, the gypsy handed his son three of the nails, and bid him flee with them. When the Centurion arrived to collect, the smith said that he had only had time to complete nine, and handed these over. The Roman was forced to make do with what he had, securing the three victims to their crosses with only three nails apiece, thus saving them much pain.

The young thief, the three nails safely hidden, passed the foot of the cross as he fled, and Jesus smiled down on him and blessed him, excusing the gypsies ever after from committing a sin when they stole, and thus theft is not an immoral act for the Romany.

However, an angry mob, discovering that the nails that executed Jesus were gypsy work, drove the smith and his kin from their land, and they have been doomed to be chased on ever since, wandering and unable to settle until the three missing nails are discovered, and their persecution ends. Story as told by a gypsy man.

This is but one version of the dispensation given to the Gypsy people. There are as many versions as there are gypsies. The main idea is they are free to rob and steal at will without spiritual consequence. According to some the fourth nail was to be driven through the heart of Christ bringing instant death. He wouldn't have been able to utter the final words on the cross. If Christ had not said the words on the cross a lot of sermon material would have been lost.

Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible to bring back to repentance those who were once enlightened--those who have experienced the good things of heaven and shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the power of the age to come--

And who then are those who turn away from God. It is impossible to bring such people back to repentance; by rejecting the Son of God, they themselves are nailing him to the cross once again and holding him up to public shame. Due to this fact the above circumstance is impossible for Christ to die again.

Quote from: Richard Myers on October 31, 2008, 08:38:23 AM
” There are those in the church who, unless thoroughly converted, will crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. These are very strong statements about what it means to be a Christian. So very few understand this. Many have been taught that they are living the Christian life while sinning. They even believe they have eternal life while crucifying Christ afresh. It is an amazing thing to witness.

The power of God's love is strong enough to actually make us partakers of His divine nature if we will allow it into our hearts. And....Christ can keep us if we will hold on to His hand! There is no excuse for sin. Christ has provided a way of escape. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear.


The problem for many is that they have no concept of the horrible nature of sin. Without that, you cannot see God's holiness in the right light. They think that "little" sins are insignificant. I know this because I have thought that way before. Even now I know I must fight this battle in my mind. The devil would have us think that only the things we see as major are to be guarded against, but this is a lie.”

It is like having a special dispensation of grace for sinning and that without consequence.

As we see some have strong feelings concerning committing sins and I suspect that GOD also feels similarly.

I found a verse by Mrs. Frank A Breck  - - Shall I Crucify Him?

Shall I crucify my Savior,
When for me He bore such loss?
Shall I put to shame my Savior,
Can I nail Him to the cross?

Are temptations so alluring,
Do earth's pleasures so enthrall,
That I cannot love my Savior
Well enough to leave them all?

'Twas my sins that crucified Him;
Shall they crucify Him yet?
Blackest day of nameless anguish,
And my thankless soul forget?

O, the kindly hands of Jesus,
Pouring blessings on all men!
Bleeding, nail scarred hands of Jesus,
Can I nail them once again?

Shall I crucify my Savior,
Crucify my Lord again?
Once, O once, I crucified Him,
Shall I crucify again?

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voawjjqg8zw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.