New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ORFICE OF GOOD AND EVIL

Psalms 34:13 Keep your tongue from saying evil things and your lips from speaking deceitful things.

I dare not look within my heart for I fear that there be some evil hidden there and I fain not to address it. How it is revealed that it may be judged? How can I be true if I know not myself?

My hearts cries “nought, nought” it can not expel that which is unseen, for the roots are fixed deeper than deeper within. The root, the branch and then the fruit, though squelched, remains ready to come alive, and be expressed to destroy all other delights.

Oh, tongue, oh lips, oh revealer of that which is within, be silent lest I be exposed and shamed. Or worse, there be no shame and my norm, beds in evil thoughts continually and I am lost with the lost, hopelessly undone. I must change for I can no longer live with despicable thoughts of evil that arise from within.

Death, can you deliver me? How so then? Can the man of old that I am, cease to be, and I be free? Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?

Who speaks the word that shows me the way? Let him utter words for my deliverance, for I eagerly hope for them…..Ye must be born again! I must be born again? I must, be born again! Let me be, born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, so I may truly say;

Galatians 2:20“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

“The tongue is an instrument of much evil, an unruly member, and needs restraint; and it is from evil, and not from good, it is to be kept; from evil speaking of God, from cursing and swearing; from evil speaking of men, reproaching and reviling them; from filthy speaking, from all obscene and unchaste words, and from all lying ones; for where such evil speaking is indulged, the fear of God cannot be in that man; hypocritical and deceitful words, speaking with flattering lips and a double heart: some speak bad words in common conversation, through an evil habit and custom; and some speak good words with an ill design; and in neither of them is the fear of God before their eyes, nor in their hearts.” Gill

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmB0u5BQ8BM

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.