New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

TEACH ME TO PRAY - FINAL


Prayer and introspection; how do these things work together?

1 Corinthians 11:28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.

These words speak of self examination prior to partaking of the Lords supper, and while it is good to keep short accounts it is better to walk as to not need a quick fix before eating and drinking.

In the same way when going to pray; Psalms 68:17-19 I cried to him with my mouth and high praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer.

Well guess what, the psalmist had it right. If I want to have my prayers heard I must not buddy up to sin.

Our conduct is the controlling force in faith; you can’t do the devil’s deed and have the GOD kind of faith necessary for receiving from GOD.

Do I want some answers? Look in the word!

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win

Romans 13:12 The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

Ephesians 5:11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them.

Sin does two things; first it will neutralize your prayer power and unanswered prayer will de-faith you and cause you to lose your joy for a defeated Christian is an unhappy one.

So ends my personal checkup concerning prayer and praying. I hope you were doing well and didn’t need any prompting from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.