New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

WAY OUT Chapter 8

They were married but in name only - - -
It was a Way out of the Hood for Mae
 

Mae had bought a couple of women’s magazines and was reading when Sam said, “Its time for me to go to bed,” and Mae said, “I think I’ll join you.”

Sam stripped down to his underwear and got into bed.

Mae was in the bathroom showering. She came out drying herself off while looking for her hair dryer. She found it and returned to the bathroom to finish.

Sam got a couple glimpses as she walked around the room but pretended to look away. She came in again and proceeded to put on her new night gown and asked Sam if he liked it.

He said, “Very much!  Goodnight now,” and he turned over on his side.

He heard her say in a soft voice not meant for him to hear; “Boy the war really did a job on you.”

The next morning Sam was awakened by a rooster crowing and realized he was hugging Mae again.  He quickly released her and lay on his back. This really embarrassed him as he thought, “What’s got into me. I hope I didn’t do anything I shouldn’t have.”

Mae turned over toward him and just smiled.  He waited for her to say something for he knew it was coming.

She just kept grinning at him and finally said, “Good morning husband, did you have a good time last night?”

“Good time, what could she be referring to?  Naw, she is just fooling with me.  I’m not interested in… husband did she say?  

“I believe that is the first time anyone has ever called me that. I don’t feel like a husband but I reckon that is what I am.  I don’t feel like I think a husband should feel but how would I know.”

He asked her, “Are the kids awake?”

She said, “No not yet. They need to sleep in a bit longer.”

He got up and went to the bath room and when he return to get his clothes she pulled him back into the bed and said you need to rest a little more.

He said, “I guess I could rest a little more for it is going to be a busy day.”

He turned away from her but she moved over against him and put her arm around his waist.

After a minute he jumped up and said, “That’s enough rest for now.”

She laughed and said, “Get back into bed!”  - - and he said, “No way!” as he took his clothes into the big room and got dressed.

Then he went out to the barn and started his chores and was deep in thought when Mae brought him some coffee. While he was sipping his coffee she said, “Am I scaring you?”

He didn’t want to answer for the truth was, yes she was scaring him. He had faced death many times without fear but she was scaring him.

He thought to himself, “My sister Sharon got me in this mess so I’ll call her.”

While Mae was entertaining the kids Sam got on the phone and told Sharon what was happening.  He said, “She assumes for me to act like a husband and this I never expected.  In fact I don’t know what I expected.”

Sharon said, “Now settle down. She is just a normal woman with normal feelings. What she wants is what a normal woman wants.”

He said, “What she needs is a normal man,” - - Sharon interrupted and said, “And a normal man is what she has.

She continued, “You have came a long way back and this is just another step toward your recovery.”

To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.