New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

WAY OUT Chapter 4


Lorna's Kids Enjoying the Trip
 
The two children Abigail and Jayden or Abby and Jay as their mother called them were thrilled seeing the countryside and then stopping at the stations along the way.

Sharon and Lorna created a new past for Lorna and the children.  Married young, husband killed in the war.  She met Sam at the facility where he was treated and they were married.

Lorna said, “That seems simple enough.”

Sharon said, “Don’t add anything to the story that you can’t remember.”

Then Sharon said, “There is one thing you ought to know and that is Sammie doesn’t know anything about this. But don’t worry I can handle him.

I could always get him to do what I wanted him to do. Before I introduce you to him I will explain to him he is going to get married down at the county seat today and he will have a son and a daughter.

I have a school mate that works at the county seat and she will fix us up with a license and do the marrying for she is also a justice of the peace.”

Carmi said, “This is crazy; he isn’t going to want to marry me.”

Sharon said, “It isn’t a case of him wanting to marry you, it’s a case of him needing a wife and if she comes with a family so much the better.

It is your way out and it is also his way out for he needs the stability that you can give him.

What is going to make this work is nobody in this union is perfect but each can supply what the other needs. I didn’t tell you before but he has an eighty acre farm he is farming and besides he gets a hundred percent disability check each month from the military.

He is just getting started with the farm so you are getting in on the ground floor so to speak.”

When they arrived at the station Sharon said to Lorna, “Take the kids to the restaurant next door and I will start in on Sammie. We will join you in a little while and then it will be down to the court house.”

As Sharon came out of the station Sam met her with a subdued smile and gave her a hug. He said, “I’m happy to see you but what made you come. Is something wrong, did I do something I shouldn’t have done?”

“No nothing like that,” Sharon said. “It’s just that you need someone to help you and as slow as you are making up your mind I found someone for you. You will meet her in a minute but first let me say she comes with a bonus.”

Sam said, “I haven’t got any idea what you are talking about but I’m sure you are going to tell me.”

“I have found you a wife!”

“A wife?  I didn’t know was looking for one.”

Sharon said, “I know but you need one to be with you out on the farm and the best part is she has two beautiful kids that you are going to love.  I’m going to tell you the whole story for you know that I am always honest with you.”

She then went through the whole story and ending up by saying, “The wedding will be in a few minutes so come and meet your new family.”

 
To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.