New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

SACRIFICE OF PRAISE

image courtesy photobucket.com

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

image courtesy photobucket.com

Psalms 4:3-5 But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him. {4} Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah {5} Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.


Psalms 107:21-22 Oh that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! {22} Let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare His works with rejoicing.


Psalms 116:17-18 I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. {18} I will pay my vows to the LORD Now in the presence of all His people.

1 Peter 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 13:15-16 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. {16} But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

While we are often called upon to give sacrificially to others the main interest of GOD is that each of us should live a life wholly dedicated to HIM.

Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Galatians .2:20 have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ecclesiastes 12:13The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person.

Every once in awhile it is good to remind ourselves of these scriptures lest we get so caught with ourselves their impact is lost in the rush of the day.

Enjoy this Song; sacrifice of praise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vNEiV_wXPs

This post has been linked with Joan Davis Sharing His Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.