New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

RELATIONS UNKNOWN



Family Reunion
Image courtesy photobucket.com

My father was married before he married my mother, and he had a son by his first wife.

While I knew he existed I never met him until I was nearly forty. Even today I have many other relatives whom I have never met, and this is not exclusive to me for most all of us are the same concerning this matter.

There is an old song called “There is going to be a meeting in the air,” and it is my understanding that it will consist of those who are caught up to meet Christ in the air, and those who Christ Jesus brings with him at the rapture.

There are numerous pastors who claim to have many thousands of members in their congregations but when Christ returns it will be the largest meeting of Christians ever gathered together at one time. 

image courtesy photobucket.com
 1Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.


For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Normally I don’t like crowds and especially being with people I don’t know, but I am looking forward to meeting all my brothers and sisters I haven’t ever met. What a glorious day that will be.
But until that day Paul the apostle gives us some extremely good advice;

Hebrews 12:1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,


We are earthen vessels that God has designed to be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the person and work of Christ.

When this occurs in us, it will result in transformed lives. Into persons that manifest the power of God in Christ-like living.

Paul points us to the kind of fruitful life that is the designed end of a being filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding.

Colossians 1:10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Thanks be to Paul for that good advice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9V1cOyVQM&feature=related

This post is Linked with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.