New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

THEM DOGS!


image courtesy photobucket.com

I'm not sure if my dogs appreciate me as they ought to. I supply all their needs and some extra. I allow them to do all the dog stuff they want to and also feed them too much it seems.

They just act like they have it coming to them. The best I get out of them is a tail wag occasionally. They always want more without doing anything necessarily to deserve it.

As I thought about this I was getting madder and madder and was plotting on how to get even with them for my perceived mistreatment.

Then it occurred to me that I'm not sure that I appreciate what GOD does for me. It is easy for me to get down on the dogs, but maybe I am guilty of doing what I accuse them of doing.

I didn't dare to make a list of all the things GOD has done for me for that would compound my neglect of HIM.

As the darkness of guilt began to envelope me I fought back by saying; “You have given so much more to others than to me and it doesn't seem fair.”

That eased my pain a little until the verse in Luke 16:10 came to mind;

He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.

This shook me up to the point of repenting, and deciding from this day forward I will be thankful for all GOD has given me and will tell HIM so often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgxn9DW1ng&feature=related


This post is shared at: Stacy’s Heartprints Hallelujah
Also Linked with Laura’s Faith Filled Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.