New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

THE ONLY WHO DIDN’T SPEAK

image courtesy photobucket.com

I attended a funeral of a friend and as it ended I notice that many had spoken. The minister, children, friends and neighbors.

As I sat there I thought the only one who hasn't spoken was the deceased. Of course I realized if he had spoken the place would probably emptied out quickly, for even in this enlighten age, people aren't ready for such a phenomena.

This thought developed a little further and I wondered if this Christian could speak what would he say. Later I wrote a song with some of things I imagine a deceased Christian might be apt to say. The lyrics are below.

A New Beginning by Robert Moon

Though I have entered through an open door
Don’t think you won't see me any more
It’s in your hearts I will remain
Until we're together once again

It’s not the ending just the beginning
All is so new to me at last I’m truly free
My soul is filled with joy that I’ve not known before
And just to think I will live forevermore

It’s not time to feel remorse
Thinking I should have done so much more
Nothing can be done to change the past
Though we're apart our love will always last

Beyond the veil of tears not counting time in years
My race is run at last forget the past I’m free
Until you join me here you're memory is dear
\And just to think we will live forever more

It’s not the ending just the beginning
All is so new to me at last my soul is set free
My soul is filled with joy that I've not known before
And just to think I will live forevermore
It’s not the ending just the beginning

image courtesy photobucket.com
Perhaps this song will be played when my time comes for it will express some of my feelings to those left behind.

This post has been linked with Joan Davis  Sharing His Beauty
At The Well Spring with Laura at:  Play Dates With God

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.