New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

SUNSHINE AHEAD



Waiting for the Sun to Shine
image courtesy photobucket.com

The day is dark and dreary and rain is slowly falling. The weather report is given in hours.

As I count the hours down I look forward till 3 o'clock for that is when the sun is coming out and the rain will be over with just a few clouds blocking the full sunshine.

As I wait for this event I try to busy myself with chores but time seems to stand still. The seconds are clicking off ever so slow and will the minutes never come.
image courtesy photobucket
As a youth I would count the days till my birthday, and waiting for Christmas seemed like an eternity away.

School was the worse, three fifteen when school let out bordered on being tedious, the clock on the wall refused to move. I felt I would never make it till the end of the semester.

The words I hated the most were "Just until your father gets home."  Dread became personified and consumed my very being until the moment of truth arrived with stark reality, and I wished for this part of my life to be over quickly.

As a Christian my life has continued to be a waiting game. Scriptures by the thousands carry with them the thought of waiting.

Psalm 37:7, 9 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him... Those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 But listen, I tell you this secret: We will not all die, but we will all be changed.

It will only take the time of a second. We will be changed as quickly as an eye blinks. This will happen when the last trumpet blows. The trumpet will blow and those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we will all be changed.

The Lord knew his people would get bored with just waiting so he gave both talents and tasks to perform.

Luke 19:13 Occupy till I come –

The word "occupy" here means not merely to "possess," as it often does in our language, but to "improve," to employ "in business," for the purpose of increasing it or of making "profit" on it.

When one's interest level is high in doing the Lord's work time passes much more quickly. As with birthdays the time comes when the waiting is over as will the coming of the Lord for His church.

Revelation 22:12 Behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

Until then those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

While we must wait, learning how to wait is imperative for this is how we remain vibrant in the Lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTP7Jxc_Kpg&feature=related

This post is Linked with Laura’s Faith Filled Friday
And Also Linked with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.