New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

SCARS


image courtesy photobucket.com

I have many scars on my body. I can remember how I got some of them, others I just can’t recollect.

Most are the result of carelessness either by me or someone else but I have some from being operated on to fix me.

There are scars that are not physical but emotional, but in each case there is pain associated with every one of them.

Whether the scars were physical or emotional or a combination of both, each has had its effect on me because of the damage it caused me. The effect of the injury lingers on even after the healing process, for things are never the same again.

The outward scars on the physical cause you to relive the event over again. My right hand and part of my arm were burned by 500 degree hot asphalt, and if I notice the scars I recall the whole event happening over again in a flash because it is rooted in my memory.

In the 1940's Agnes Sanford invented a ministry called “Healing of memories,” that has been adjusted and modified by many people since. They are trying to remove the scars of having to relive the cause of emotional pain.

This method in my mind is somewhat questionable because as long as the memory remains the hurt is still there, although the practitioners would disagree with me.

The pharmaceutical companies are doing their bit to help by blotting out the pain for a season but the need for another fix is in the near future. In any case scars are evidence that something has occurred.

There is a passage in John 20:25-28 They told Thomas, "We saw the Lord." He said, "That's hard to believe. I will have to see the nail holes in his hands, put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side. Only then will I believe it."

A week later the followers were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. The doors were locked, but Jesus came and stood among them. He said, "Peace be with you!" Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here. Look at my hands. Put your hand here in my side. Stop doubting and believe." Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!"

This resurrection body of Christ is what went to heaven, scars and all.  He is now at the right hand of the Father at this very moment interceding for you, and his word to you is; forget the past, it no longer matters.

As one T-Shirt said “Are You Gonna Cowboy Up or Just Lay There and Bleed?” your answer to that is a resounding, “NO I'm too busy pressing toward the mark of the high calling Christ to be bothered with the past. I'm on my way!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o7GnV30kJA&feature=related

This post is Linked with Charlotte’s Spiritual Sundays
Also linked with Michelle’s Hear it on Sunday Use it on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.