New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

BE YE PERFECT

image courtesy photobucket.com

Matthew 5:48 What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

In Matthew chapters 5 and 6 Jesus really said a mouthful. In the middle of them he says; "be ye perfect." Those three words have provoked many explanations, I say explanations because it is multi faceted as to possibilities of meaning.

Right off we need to know, “By what standard are we to be measured by?”

Is it to be our own personal standard? Or could it be the world’s standard?

Then there is GOD'S standard which is often excluded and rejected by the masses.

One thing for sure is the subject matter under consideration is the conduct of individuals and their relationship with other people. Then there are goals we set for which like athletes who run we strive to prevail in.

The scripture addressing the end times found in Revelation 13:8 "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" - - tells us that GOD made provision for man's failings prior to the creation of man.

The realization that my name is enrolled in the "Book OF Life" is awesome and is more than I can fully comprehend at the present time.

All the rights and privileges here and the future are mine as an enrollee in the "Book". I have been ennobled and belong to the "Class of Majesty!"

image courtesy photobucket.
The Apostle Paul admonishes us to walk uprightly; Ephesians 4:1,2, I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, entreat you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love,

Ephesians 5:1,2 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

And Peter joins in and says; 2 Peter 1:10 My brothers and sisters, God called you and chose you to be his. Do your best to live in a way that shows you really are God's called and chosen people. If you do all this, you will never fall.

Having said all this I come to an embarrassing question; am I really working on this being perfect or just letting some things slid? Can I do better if I really wanted to? The answer to that brings me to a point where I realize the value of GOD'S grace and am thankful for HIS provision for my lack of perfection!

Tomorrow is another day, another day in which I have an opportunity to fulfill the admonition to "Be Ye Perfect".

I believe you will enjoy Ron Tranmer's Poem on this subject!

"Be Ye Therefore"
by Ron Tranmer

Matthew five, verse forty eight.
is a challenge for the soul.
"Be ye therefore perfect".
What a worthy goal.

With love for God, my father
I'll go about each day,
working toward perfection
as I worship and I pray.

I'll read my Holy Scriptures
and do everything I can.
I'll follow Christ's example,
and I'll help my fellow man.

Then if I don't reach my goal
after giving it my best,
perhaps my Savior's sacrifice
and love will do the rest.

This post has been linked to Michelle’s Thought Provoking Thursday


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.