New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

HAND ME DOWNS


image courtesy photobucket.com

Being the oldest in a family has some drawbacks such as “You are supposed to know better.”

Even when a younger sib does something bad, you get to share the blame because you should have watched over them.

The list goes and on, of course the younger ones have their list also.

One thing I didn't have to do was wear hand me down clothes. When I got some clothes they were new and since I outgrew them before they were worn out the next in line were duty bound to wear them.

I never was happy about second handed stuff although I had my share of used cars.

I do have one hand me down daughter (foster daughter) and she has been a delight and we love her and her offspring as our own.

Now when it comes to religion GOD has no hand me downs for HE only has children born from above. There is no hand me downs with GOD for all is fresh and new directly from HIM.

image courtesy photobucket.com
There is a very old song "Hand me down my silver trumpet" and if you have missed it we can correct that by clicking the link below.




They have added an extra verse but the original goes like this;

HAND ME DOWN

Chorus: Oh, hand me down (Hand me down)
Hand me down (hand me down)
Hand me down my silver trumpet Gabriel
Hand it down, Throw it down, Any old way, just get it down
Hand me down my silver trumpet Lord

If you get there before I do
Hand me down my silver trumpet, Gabriel
Tell all my friends I'm comin' too
Hand me down my silver trumpet, Lord.

Oh, Satan's mad an' I am glad
Hand me down my silver trumpet, Gabriel
He lost a soul he thought he had
Hand me down my silver trumpet, Lord.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QjaCncpf_c&feature=player_embedded#!

This post is shared at: Stacy’s Heartprints Hallelujah

Also Linked with Laura’s Faith Filled Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.