New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A GOOD THANG


image courtesy photobucket.com

I started getting serious about religion at the age of 18.  I reckon the Devil didn't like it for he was giving me some trouble, usually using some of my former friends.

This question is posed in  Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Because we didn't agree we couldn't walk together any longer, we were now heading in different directions.

While looking to the Bible for help concerning this matter I read in Proverbs 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a "good thing" and obtains favor from the LORD.

That sounded like a win, win situation. First, in finding a good thing, and then favor with the Lord.

In my mind I related finding a good thing to making a good deal and then as now I'm always a candidate for a good deal.  I started looking high and low for my "good thing".  First I looked low to see if she was there. I finally concluded that was like shopping at a used car lot.

While there were many fine looking cars that were suitable and with many good miles left in them that could provide years of good service none were exactly what I was looking for.

There were some that owner just got tired of them and traded in them for another while others were just rentals and a temporary arrangement.

Having failed in my quest by looking low I proceeded to look high for "my thing" where the new models were.

There were far fewer of these available but after some looking I finally found one I liked and could afford. She didn't come with all the bells and whistles some had but she had everything I needed and was a brand new model to boot.

Genesis 2:24 explains what happened next which was; For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh and so it was and is.

The word "inequitable" comes to mind when thinking about this "he and she" thing for the man gets a "good thing" when he gets a wife where the woman just gets a "thing" and has to try to make something good out of it.

GOD'S plan "A" has been best for me while others have had good success in plan "B".

Whichever plan one chooses the promise still stands; He that finds a wife finds a good thing and favor with the Lord.

This post has been linked to Michelle’s Thought Provoking Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.