New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

He Paid a Debt


image courtesy Google Search

I am the center of the universe or at least the center of my universe, and I exist only because of the will of GOD declared it to be so.

First created and then recreated because of human error. While life's battle flourishes within my soul I stand as a conqueror over all.

Romans 8:37 The one who loves us gives us an overwhelming victory in all these difficulties.

1 John 4:4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

As a Christian it is difficult at times to be open and honest about being selfish, and to admit that I believe - - as the first sentence in essence states, "I'm number one."

To think other than this would be unbalanced, pretentious and guilt driven. This very attitude makes you a whole person, and when you come to GOD you come complete with nothing held back or hidden.

This doesn't mean you can't choose to put others first, but it is done from strength and not from weakness.

This also doesn't hinder me from realizing I have needs that others can supply and that there are some (must have) needs that only God can supply.

image courtesy photobucket.com

He Paid a Debt He Did Not Owe

Upon an old rugged tree - hanging there between two thieves -
My Jesus paid a debt for me - he did not owe -
Now by his grace I'll make it home -
For with his blood he saved my soul -
Yes, my Jesus paid a debt for me the did not owe

(Chorus) He paid a debt he did not owe
And I owed a debt I could not pay
I needed someone to wash my sins away
Now I'm singing a brand new song - of that happy day
Yes, my Jesus paid a debt for me - I could not pay

I walked on everyday - and I felt I'd lost my way -
From all the pain and my trails down here below -
Then one day - he set me free - he opened my eyes so I could see -
Yes, my Jesus paid a debt for me - He did not owe

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opgFgY4rnU4&feature=related

This post is linked with Jennifer at:  God-Bumps and God-Incidences

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.