New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A LITTLE DAB WILL DO YA

It must have been in the forties when this hair product began to use this slogan to advertise Bryl-cream.

Bryl-cream, a little dab'll do ya! Bryl-cream, you'll look so debonair.
Bryl-cream, the gals will all pursue ya, They'll love to RUN their fingers through your hair.

I used this Bryl-cream for quite awhile, it was better than the grease I had been using to plaster my hair down.  I began to think they were using false advertising for I kept waiting for the girls to pursue me (It never happened,) and if they ran their fingers through my hair they would have had to wash their hand for that stuff was sticky.

There have been times when I thought that GOD must think a little dab of his power moving in my life would do me.

I suppose I would like to have at least a miracle a day as a minimum and maybe a couple of healings but that hasn’t happened. I have ended up with the (as the song says) mercy drops round us are falling because that’s the way it has been.

Over the years many strange things have happened, some quite interesting. Within the scope of GOD’S spiritual gifts almost anything is possible, and can be manifested in a myriad of ways.

For instance we were in church one night doing our regular stuff and there was a grandmother from Guatemala that had been attending regularly and on this Sunday she had brought her son and family who were visiting from Guatemala. 

Her young grandson was paralyzed from the waist down. When the time came for prayer the parents brought the boy who was about five years old, down to the front and asked for prayer for his healing. Atrophy had rendered his legs down to almost no muscle from his hips down. There wasn’t much else we could do but pray for him, we were trapped.

Here was an impossible task and a family who wanted their son to be normal and as the pastor and I and a couple of board members began to pray I had a ton of hope but very little faith that he would become normal. He hadn’t walked, he couldn’t walk.

We sat the child on the front seat of the church and people gathered around, the pastor got on his knees down to his level and took hold of his legs. He had scarcely began to pray when the legs began to fill out, muscle began to form, the pastors hands were expanded out as this was happening.  Shortly the boy stood up and began to walk all over the church.  As far as I know nothing has occured to this degree in the pastor’s ministry before or since but on that night something happened to loose the power of GOD and the miracle happened before our eyes.

Throughout my Christian life this is the way it has been, a healing here, deliverance there, victories won, some seemingly lost. Mercy drops are falling around me, while for the showers I'm pleading. A little dab just doesn't do me but it’s all I got.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY6_r-1Lra8

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.