New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

ALMOST

I heard a story about a young man who had met a young lady and was quite smitten by her. From that time on he spent as much time with her as possible. All kinds of fanciful ideas were going through his mind, about marriage, the future, family and such. He finally bought a ring, and the moment came when he was about to “pop the question;” but there was another question that was bothering him. When he couldn’t stand it any longer, he gained the courage to ask her; “Are you a virgin?”

She paused, and after a time she replied; "Almost."

I recall a time when I had to ride a school bus to town to go to school and I conveniently missed it on purpose. Upon returning home I explained, “I almost caught it but I was just a little late.”

My mother declared. “Get in the car, you are going to school,” and away we went.

Paul the apostle was taken before King Agrippa and after Paul had spoke at length about his conversion the king spoke and said; "Almost, you persuade me to become a Christian."

Life is full of “ALMOSTs;” I almost got that job or I almost won at bingo, just missed it by one number.

ALMOST belongs to the category of not quite, and a day late and a dollar short

To say; I ALMOST got saved and made it to heaven is like saying I ALMOST missed going to Geheena.

There is another word that has far reaching affects and that is the word “UNLESS.”

Jesus used it several times when teaching; Then he said, "I tell you the truth, UNLESS you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.”

And again Jesus spoke; "I tell you the truth, UNLESS a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

Wow, ALMOST and UNLESS are words shouting for a wake up call.

How will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? After it was at the first spoken through the Lord, it was confirmed to us by those who heard,

In some circumstances, ALLMOST is what you might call passable but the shortfall in salvation brings consequences that are too great.

My best advice is to; Seek the LORD while he may be found. Call on him while he is near. Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHz6KDb38Jk

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.