New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

WHO DO MEN SAY THAT I AM?

Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"

And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

This is a question I need to revisit often, because it always touches and challenges my whole mind set; my functioning or as some might say what makes me tick.

I need to affirm and answer the question as if Christ was asking me; “Who do you say I am?” And my answer is relayed, "You are the Christ the Son of the living GOD." This is my testimony to my belief in the Holy Trinity and that Jesus is God and my LORD.

It was obvious to Peter that Jesus was in human form for he was with him for three and one half years. The eating, drinking and the necessary elimination that was natural for men were evidence to that fact. Just affirming my faith in Him as Deity elevates Him in my inner man and lifts me up to a higher realm.

Jesus said to Peter; “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.”

The FATHER also revealed to me through the preaching of the words of Jesus that Jesus was the Christ (the Messiah).

A Bible instructor once poised the question; “Who do men say you are?” Then he went further to say, “Who do you say you are?”

Some will spend a lifetime trying to answer those two questions. Others discover that before people can know who you are you must find out for yourself - - who you are, until then you will be traveling under false I.D. The real you will be hidden and you will be disguised as someone else.

The road to self discovery is found in GOD’S word, the important thing is; who does GOD say you are, for he knows who you really are?

Start with the knowledge that you are a child of GOD that gives you identity. Your attributes; I am the righteousness of GOD in Christ, a new creation, this road to self discovery need not be a long trip, but it is a road of acceptance of the real you.

The only reason you have struggles in your spiritual walk is because you haven't accepted who you are IN Christ. You will only manifest the real you after you discover you are accepted in the beloved, and have also accepted the fact of who you are IN Christ.
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwjOLFMZhQo&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.