New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WHEN THINGS ARE GOING GOOOOOD

When I have plenty of money, when my health is good, when the kids are behaving, and I have more friends than I can afford, when I feel self sufficient in all areas; I feel only a little need for GOD.

It is seldom that all these things are the order of the day but in trying to make a point I’ll assume such is the case.

When each of the above is factual, then I can lose my objectivity concerning my relationship with GOD. If I have plenty of money (don’t I wish) I can lose sight of; “It is HE that gives me power to get rich.”

Suppose my health is great, I don’t need healing so I don’t need help from GOD on this issue. The kids are little angels, obedient, well mannered and doing well in school. I don’t need help in that area. I have many friends, we party every weekend. That makes it easy to forget that Jesus is my friend in the time of need.

I do go to church and receive a bit of titillation from the songs and sermons, but don’t really need it; it’s more of a social thing.

Well that’s me when everything is going well, but suppose things get out of hand! I get called into the boss’s office and I’m thinking “Super sizing me,” and the boss says, “Downsize, clean out your desk.” Well I’ll get another job.

Time passes and unemployment is running out and I think maybe I should pray about this!

For no reason the wife gets sick and needs an operation, but I have lost my health insurance…. Maybe I should pray about this!

My friends don’t call anymore with invites to party, because we can’t reciprocate, we are broke, OH, and maybe I should … oh forget them!

My kids have starting hanging with the wrong crowd and will not obey me, maybe I should pray about this! I’m beginning to have doubts about my abilities, and no longer feel sure about anything anymore, maybe I should, begin to pray?

When things go wrong, the first thought that comes to mind is “Why?” or “Why me?”

The outstanding thing about problems is how it gets your attention; it brings things into focus that which was ignored before. One of the things often ignored is GOD and his place in your life.

To be ignored is the rankest form of contempt, and GOD doesn’t take kindly to it.

When trouble comes knocking, the first thing to look for is; Am I overlooking GOD in my life? Am I ignoring HIM as HE didn’t exist, pushing HIM off until the end of my life and then call upon HIM for my eternal state?

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity when you forget GOD. HE will get your attention, what ever it takes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzvvgmf7Cs8&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.