New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

UH OH

I just was remembering something that my Aunt Jesse told me when I was visiting her down in Georgia.

Aunt Jesse was a Baptist through and through and had some influence in her church. She relayed to me that the Pastor had preached on adultery for ten weeks, and the people were getting tired of hearing the same oration every Sunday. Well as it turned out after the tenth sermon on adultery, they caught him. Then they knew that it was self guilt that was driving him to repeatedly preach that way.

Any time you get indignant about certain issues in the life of others, it is always a good idea to check up on yourself to see if you have an eye problem.

Luke 6:42 How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you don't see the beam in your own eye? You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you'll see clearly enough to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

There is nothing wrong in trying to help someone who is missing the mark, but be sure you are hitting the mark yourself, and then only if you can do so without an air of superiority.

So my fellow bloggers be sure you are not just airing out your own problems and using them in order to avoid dealing with your short comings. And that goes double for me.

(2 Samuel 12:1-7 KJV) "And The Lord sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, there were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor. The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds: But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter. And there came a traveler unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him. And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the Lord liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die: And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity. And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man."

Lyrics:
Don't you look at me so smug, and say I'm going bad.
Who are you to judge me, and the life that I live?
I know that I'm not perfect, And that I don't claim to be.
So before you point your fingers, be sure your hands are clean
Judge not, before you judge yourself. Judge not
If you're not ready for judgment. Whoa oh oh!
And you may stumble too. So while you talk about me, some-one else is judging you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHkt3iatFcs&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.