New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

HUSBAND SCHOOL

I enrolled in husband school, back on December first, nineteen forty nine about eight o’clock that evening.

I lost my membership in the courting school at the same time.

The changing hats, so to speak were a shock to both Hazel and me. The usual stuff happened to us like moving in together and sharing the same bed and stuff.

I have to admit I wasn’t great at courting but was even worse at this husband business.

We were both attending a pretty strict church, one that believed that the Word of GOD meant what it said, and applied personally to us. We didn’t belong to the Christian fornication club so after our wedding we steered clear of that area. Our motto was forsaking all others.

I didn’t really understand how poor we were until after the wedding, and had to pay our bills. We lived in a very small apartment with a wall bed, share bath, a closet size kitchen with an ice box instead of a refrigerator, but we were always near each other, which was good.

After enjoying those living quarters for a couple months we found a three room apartment and bought our first refrigerator, which was a big step for us.

Soon after I discovered that passion can take a boyfriend and turn him into a husband and a father in no time at all.

Doing without was an amazing experience, I would recommend it to every one. It is one of the best teachers of reality I know of, and if you can accept it, you will be a better person from the knowledge of hands on learning.

For several years Hazel and I became much better persons because of it and discovered little is much when GOD is in it.

The apostle Paul express it thusly; “I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need, and then he said; I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

What a testimony!

You never graduate from husband school, you can quit, be a failure, but you never graduate, just keep learning and hopefully apply what you have learn.   (Enjoy the song below)
http://vodpod.com/watch/347864-little-is-much-when-god-is-in-it-by-the-gaither-vocal-band

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.