New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

PUPPY LOVE

Love and caring for their family is the first priority for most people are aware that there are many other things that make up their life.

For me, after family, the good things, the things that give me joy, and get most of my attention, are my truck and my puppies.

My dogs rank very high on my list of must have things. I raised all of them from about two months old, and they think my wife and I are their mom and dad. When they were very small puppies, and were outside in our yard, I had to watch over them closely because the birds of prey were always around looking for a tasty meal.

I was thinking just how well they have gotten me trained; because they get about everything they want. From the time when they were little pups and are so cute they drew me to them and I so enjoyed being with them. Now they are older and exercise a measure of control over me, but that is the way life works.

Small things grow into controlling factors and mold us into a composite of; at times contradictory statements (outward expressions) of who we actually are.

The Christian is the perfect example of oxymoronism when they fail the, “Self discovery” test of who they are in Christ and have difficulty in accepting the facts of their new creation reality.

The controlling factors of the old life want to maintain their dominance over the Christian. This struggle is common to a greater or lesser degree in all new born Christians. Paul dealt with this in the book of Romans.

Romans 7:15 I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate.

The sin nature is dealt with by the new birth but propensity toward sinning is controlled by being led by the Spirit of GOD. Christianity should never be boring for we are challenged to walk uprightly moment by moment while being aware that a sin opportunity is just around the corner. Sin is multifaceted, it is a one size fits all, and there is something for everybody

Paul pointed out some of the things the Galatians should avoid at all costs.

Gal 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that.

Most of these things are blatant and easy to understand but the last four words are the ones you need to watch out for and that is; “AND things like that”.

Things that may be associated with legitimate activities, things that are not sin but lead to sin.

Granted we are not perfect but that doesn't excuse us from avoiding sin at all costs for though it can be forgiven it will always leave a stain behind. What started in the garden continued outside the gates of Eden?

Genesis 4:6-7 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? "If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it."

I enjoyed this example by one writer:
For several days a large black cat appeared on our front porch and every time we opened the door it tried to get into the house. I named that cat “Sin” and tried to teach this lesson to our children.

Like this cat, sin is ready to enter our lives any time, if we give it an opportunity, it is “Crouching at the door” of our lives.

Though temptation is ever present and powerful, God created us with the ability to choose and in His word, the Bible, He gives us guidance and power to resist temptation and to “rule over” sin.

When the temptation to sin comes there is also the power of choice that comes with it (a way of escape). The walk in the spirit means; allow your spirit to be in ascendancy over your soul and then the right choice will be assured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoA3nqx1aUc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.