New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

Something I have always been able to see in older people is how set in their ways they are.

For the most part if you suggest they should try a different way they just look at you and you can see that they are thinking many thoughts about me, minding my own business.

One thing they wish to say is, “Mind your own bees wax.”

“Mind your own business:" A common English saying which asks for a respect of other people's privacy. It can mean that a person should stop meddling in what does not concern you, and attend to your own personal affairs instead of others.

It really tests a person’s nerves when someone has to constantly know what you’re doing, where you’re going, and why you’re doing that.

I found some of the following interesting; it can be very irritating and frustrating when someone feels that they just have to butt in to your conversation.

But what if you are the one doing it to other people. You don't want to annoy people, so here are some excellent tips.

1. Try not to butt in. Some people might have no trouble minding their own business and could care less about what you're doing or talking about. But others can't help it. It's just natural for them to butt in on everything

2. Ask yourself why you are butting in. Before you go interrupt someone, ask yourself: "Does this concern me?" whether what they are doing is going to somehow affect you in anyway, and does it concern you. But if it's just gossip or someone is going out with their friend, then it doesn't concern you

3. Become oblivious and disinterested. Try to be the least interested in people as possible. Be oblivious to what goes on around others, this doesn't mean to be oblivious and completely ignore everybody. Just learn when the right time to interrupt someone is, and if it is any of your business.

There is hardly anything someone is doing that I don’t have an opinion about, and feel I have a better solution. Much of the time I am wrong because I don’t have all the information concerning the issue, and even if I am right then I must only suggest something when they won’t take offence at my interfering.

It comes down to this: everyone has an opinion. They would like to have an opportunity to express it. Much of the time people aren’t interested in what you want to say, but listen just to be polite.

Carpenters have a saying; measure twice and cut once. It would serve us well if we thought more than once and then decide if your input is helpful or necessary. Just because you thought of something; it doesn’t mean it is necessary for you to verbalize it.

As for me, I am set in my ways with no intention to change unless it is absolutely necessary.
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1pDy2bpEc8

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.