New FREE e-book: The Old Man and the Widow

New FREE e-book:  The Old Man and the Widow
To Order my E-books click on the Book or "My Book"Tab

Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

EVEN BY TENNESSEE STANDARDS

I were born in Tennessee at home, which were normal by Tennessee standards.

Actually my mother were about 18 year old when I was born which were a little old by Tennessee standards.

My pappy were about 40 year old when they got married but that was tolerable by Tennessee standards.

We lived both in the country and the town so I had the best and the worst of both worlds. Due to pappy’s job we traveled around a lot which was unusual by Tennessee standards but we saw many towns and people.

At about the age of five I discovered that there is a distinct difference between boys and girls (the timing of which were normal by Tennessee standards.) But that didn’t worry me much, I figured the girls would have to deal with their problem without any help from me.

Being raised in the city the next few years I hung out with the boys. We didn’t have a gang, just guys standing around the corner together doing nothing.

When by Tennessee standards I should have got interested in courting we moved back to the country where girls were few and far between. There were some who were too young even by Tennessee standards and the 14 or 15 year old usually moved to town.

I were friendly with some black folks but that wasn’t an option for courting by Tennessee standards.

There were a couple of girls who was the sisters of my best friend but it didn’t seem right to get close to them.

No one talked about sex education, you learned by watching the animals starting with the chickens. With the roosters it was a love’em and leave’em proposition.

This was about all the education some guys must have got for that was what they always practiced. I thought there must be more to that than that. Actually there was a lot more, because those guys spent a lot of time with the doctor getting treatments. I thought they must be healthy with all that care they were getting. But even by Tennessee standards for boasting they didn’t brag about it much. I guess they didn’t want people to think they were uppity.

I moved back to town and in order to be normal by Tennessee standards I couldn’t ignore girls any longer and………..

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_mUz3RWKHQ&feature=fvw

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble making a comment - select anonymous but please add your first name to the comment.